Applications are now being accepted for MARAC’s Graduate School Archival Education Scholarship (2020-2021). Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2020
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to a student in the MARAC region and to promote the study of archival administration.
Award: One-time $1000 award for the 2020-2021 school year (to be awarded for the spring 2020 semester). The award will be paid directly to the educational institution. The award also includes a $20 student-level MARAC membership for a total award value of $1,020.
One award is available for the 2020-2021 cycle.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must be:
- a resident or full-time student residing in one of the following states: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, and in the District of Columbia
- currently enrolled or accepted into a graduate program in archival studies or archives related program such as history or information studies
Application: Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and due October 31, 2020 and must include the following documents:
- Current resume including: Essay of no more than 500 words outlining the applicant’s interests and future goals in archival administration and how the scholarship would help you meet them.
- Current Address
- Education (undergraduate and graduate); anticipated graduation date
- Relevant (archives related) employment/volunteer/internship experience
- Honors, scholarships, or awards received
- Memberships in professional organizations
- One letter of recommendation (sent directly to email@example.com)
- Documentation of “good standing” with the educational institution (may be a letter or official transcript)
The scholarship recipient is required to submit a brief article to be included in the next issue of the Mid-Atlantic Archivist Newsletter following the award.
The above information is also available for download here.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org