We’re ready to accept proposals for the Virtual CONTENTdm User Group Meeting. The planning committee has brainstormed a list of potential topics of interest, but we would like to hear from the broader CONTENTdm community. Please consider submitting your topic idea even if you do not see it in the list.
The first global fully online CONTENTdm User Group Meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 7, 2012. NOTE: If you presented at any of the recent regional face to face user group meetings, we would welcome you to submit another proposal, as this meeting will reach a broader audience.
- Working with the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway
- Web Configuration Tool Use/Demo (basic or advanced customization)
- Importing and Exporting Metadata from CONTENTdm
- Data wrangling within tab-delimited text files
- Using Google Docs to prepare tab-delimited text files
- Exporting data from CONTENTdm and into other systems
- Metadata Trends
- CONTENTdm and Linked Data projects
- Teaching with CONTENTdm within LIS Programs
- Digital Preservation and CONTENTdm
- Using CONTENTdm as an Institutional Repository
- Engaging Users with CONTENTdm Collections (e.g. for digital exhibits, crowdsourcing metadata via use of user tags, etc)
- Use of forms in CONTENTdm (for public, faculty, students, and other users to submit content)
- New tools, tricks, techniques, or projects
We are especially interested in a lightning round session on these topics. See the proposal form for more details.