The Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC) Spring 2013 Program Committee is seeking presentations to round out the sessions slated for the spring meeting. As a sneak peak of what will be presented at the Erie meeting, we are seeking papers on:
- Military History, with a focus on the War of 1812 – 2 speakers to highlight archival collections which document the diverse experiences of the War of 1812 or other military conflicts
- Erie and Western Pennsylvania History – 1 speaker to highlight local archival collections and their visibility and use in local communities
- Donor Relations – 1 speaker who can discuss practical aspects of donor relations, with a preference for a speaker who can also discuss donor agreements for digital items
- Evaluating User Experience in Archives – 2 speakers who can address aspects of usability studies for in-person and virtual patrons
- True Single Search – 2 speakers who can address the benefits and challenges posed by different kinds of single search interfaces and the inclusion of archival descriptions in library catalogs
- Pushing the Limits on Fair Use – 2 speakers to discuss copyright law and fair use as it pertains to archives, with a preference for speakers who can address recent developments and legal decisions
- Using Use Statistics – 1 speaker to discuss the practical and powerful applications of use statistics
- Records Management – 1 speaker who can addres the importance of records management for university, organizational, or corporate archives
- Crowdfunding the Archives – 1 speaker to address innovative or unconventional fundraising projects
- EAC-CPF – 1 speaker who can discuss implementation of EAC-CPF, current projects, and how it has enhanced access
We are also still looking for approximately 8 individuals to serve as session chairs. The duties include introducing the speakers and keeping time for each speaker and the session. If you’re planning on coming to Erie, please consider serving as a chairperson for a session.
If you are interested in participating in a session either as a speaker or a chair, please send your name, contact information, and a brief description of your talk to the Program Committee at EriePC2012@gmail.com no later than December 19, 2012.