The 2013 NYAC Poster Session Committee is accepting proposals for the NYAC conference poster session, “Archives and Historical Collections in the Empire State”, to be held at the 2013 NYAC Conference co-sponsored by Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York (ART) and Palmer School of Library and Information Science. The conference will be held at LIU Post Campus, Long Island University in Brookville, NY on June 5-7, 2013.
- Anyone working in a position as archivist or historian for a repository containing historical records in New York State.
- Individuals working in New York State who are significantly involved in arrangement and description, reference services, digitization or other technology-based projects, preservation/conservation of paper or electronic material, etc., in a professional archival setting.
- Students attending a graduate program that includes a concentration in Archival Studies (or Library Science or Information Studies program with significant archival coursework) within New York State.
- The work of joint authors is also acceptable.
Poster Presentation Content
- Content topics of interest to archivists and local historians, including but not limited to archival theory and practice, practical solutions to problems in archives, new thrusts (especially electronic collections or electronic access) in the world of archives, advocacy, etc., are appropriate.
- Content topics may also include such work as the use of historical records collections for research and/or educational purposes.
- Poster presentation content should be directly appropriate for use by and of interest to conference attendees. Participant selection will be based on the quality of proposals submitted. Applicants will be notified of the status of their submission on April 15, 2013.
All applicants whose poster proposals are accepted will be expected to supply their own materials for the poster presentation, including poster presentation boards, means of adhering their poster, etc., according to specifications provided by NYAC with confirmation of acceptance.