The Archival Innovator Subcommittee of the Society of American Archivists seeks nominations for the 2013 award.
Established in 2011, this award recognizes the role of innovative practices in the archival profession. Key areas of innovation are outlined by the criteria below, with preference given to nominees who have clearly demonstrated the greatest impact on the profession or their communities through the use of groundbreaking strategies, approaches, and/or technologies.
- Creativity or innovation in approaching professional challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of professional or institutional norms.
- Ability to translate creativity, innovation, and new thinking into working solutions.
- Development of an archives program or outreach activity that has an extraordinary impact on a community.
- Commitment to the advancement of professional knowledge through traditional or emerging information-sharing media.