MARAC’s Distinguished Service Award Needs YOU to Nominate a Colleague
The Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC) was born from a desire to support local archivists with opportunities for professional development, education, and collaboration. As a volunteer organization, MARAC depends on the sustained dedication and efforts of our members to provide these valuable services. MARAC values and honors those who have committed their time and expertise to developing and promoting our wonderful programs. The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) recognizes accomplished members who have made significant contributions to MARAC’s success and to the broader archival profession. The DSA Committee is currently seeking nominees for this annual award. Recognition will be accompanied by a $250 honorarium, provided through the generosity of Hollinger Metal Edge, Inc.
Nominations can be made by any MARAC member using the Distinguished Service Award Nomination form,available on the MARAC website. The form should be returned to Committee Chair Ed Galloway [firstname.lastname@example.org] no later than January 26, 2015. Any member wishing to make a nomination is strongly encouraged to provide additional letters of support for the nomination, which may be sent with the nomination form or under separate cover to the committee chair.
Those eligible for nomination may include the following:
Significant Service to MARAC, including:
• MARAC officer
• Elected Member of Steering
• Committee chair (standing, ad-hoc, local arrangements, or program)
• Committee member
• Session or workshop presenter (especially if done multiple times)
Significant Service to the Profession, such as:
• Board member, officer, committee chair, or section leaders of affiliated national or international organizations (such as SAA, ACA, NAGARA, ICA, ARMA, and ALA sections)
• Archival standards committee member
• Publications (books or journal articles) in area of archival theory or practice
• Archival educator (professors or workshop presenters, for audiences at all levels)
• CoSA or SHRAB member
• Grant reviewer for NEH, NHPRC, and other programs awarding archival grants
On behalf of MARAC, the DSA Committee thanks you for your participation. Reward exceptional service and nominate a deserving colleague today!
Chair, MARAC Distinguished Service Awar