As a gift from hospital trustee Don Summa, a Medical President’s Wall was dedicated at Monmouth Medical Center. Named in honor of Helen and Don Summa, the installation features photographs of all the medical staff presidents in the hospital’s 128 year history. At the request of the MMC Foundation, archival consultant Elsalyn Palmisano and Library Director Fred Pachman assisted with locating photographs of almost all the thirty physicians, including Dr. Edwin Field who served from 1891 – 1922 .
Nine of the doctors pictured were present at the dedication ceremony. Historical photographs of MMC were also provided as ‘placeholders’, with credit to the Archives and Special Collections.