Do you know a MARAC member who has made a difference in the lives and successes of others? If so, please consider nominating him/her for MARAC’s Distinguished Service Award.
This award recognizes members who have made significant contributions to MARAC and to the archival profession.
Significant contributions to MARAC include the following:
- Service as an officer, caucus representative, committee member or chair, and as a frequent session or workshop instructor
Significant contributions to the archival profession include the following:
- Service as a member of the board or committee or section of a national or international archival organization
- Writing books or journal articles in the field
- Serving as a professor or as a workshop presenter
- Contributing to a State Historical Records Advisory Board
- Reviewing applications for granting agencies
Please note that service to MARAC is weighted more heavily than service to the profession as a whole.
To nominate a member, you must submit the following:
- A nomination form
- The nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae
- A letter detailing why the nominee should receive the award
- A second letter of support
The Committee strongly recommends providing multiple letters of support.
Nominations may be sent at any time via email or regular post. The official deadline is January 29, 2016. All nominations must be received by this date.
For more information on the award and the nomination process, please visit the MARAC website: http://www.marac.info/distinguished-service-award