- Be employed in the MARAC region in an archival or archives-related position, OR
- Be enrolled as a graduate student in a program that includes courses in archival administration OR
- Be a MARAC member in good standing
|Screenshot of the new online finding aid for the American Society of Cell Biology records, Collection 8.|
- Several collections of UMBC faculty papers in the University Archives
- The Baltimore Sun photographs collection, featuring approximately 750,000 photographs produced for the Baltimore Sun and Evening Sun between the 1930s to 1990s
- Several additions to the Science Fiction Manuscripts collection, including manuscripts of works from notable authors including Isaac Asimov and Roger Zelazny
These new and updated collections are now searchable from the Special Collections page on the Library’s redesigned website, as well as through the Library Catalog. Users can also browse the full list of archival collections on our new Finding Aids page.
The project is funded by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC), the granting agency of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), as a part of their Documenting Democracy: Access to Historical Records program. Library staff from the Special Collections, Bibliographic & Metadata Services, Library Information Technology Services, and Reference departments partnered on the creation and accessibility of the records. In future months the project will allow us to further streamline the updated workflow and continue to create and update new collection records.
To find out more or to view these materials, check out the Special Collections website, or stop by and visit us! Learn more about the Library’s NHPRC grant and finding aid work be viewing these previous posts:
Albin O. Kuhn Library awarded $23,000 grant, May 21, 2014
Encoded Archival Description in Special Collections, August 24, 2015
Check out the latest issue of the “Governance and Recordkeeping Around the World” newsletter, which is now online. The cover theme is “The Information Advantage: Unlocking Value from Information”.
If you’re attending MARAC Pittsburgh this spring (), you may be interested in our rideshare/roomshare spreadsheets, our navigator program, and our informal networking happy hour. Please see below for information on all three opportunities. Please don’t hesitate to let me (Sara Borden, firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions. Also, please feel free to share this with anyone who may not be on this list.
MARAC Membership Development Committee Chair
Sara A. Borden, CA
For additional information about the Award, please see the DSA page on the MARAC website, available athttp://www.marac.info/distinguished-service-award-.
The nomination form is available at https://marac.memberclicks.net/assets/documents/2016dsanomform.doc.
Original Flyer Information:
Do you know a MARAC member who has made a difference in the lives and successes of others? If so, please consider nominating him/her for MARAC’s Distinguished Service Award.
This award recognizes members who have made significant contributions to MARAC and to the archival profession.
Significant contributions to MARAC include the following:
- Service as an officer, caucus representative, committee member or chair, and as a frequent session or workshop instructor
Significant contributions to the archival profession include the following:
- Service as a member of the board or committee or section of a national or international archival organization
- Writing books or journal articles in the field
- Serving as a professor or as a workshop presenter
- Contributing to a State Historical Records Advisory Board
- Reviewing applications for granting agencies
Please note that service to MARAC is weighted more heavily than service to the profession as a whole.
To nominate a member, you must submit the following:
- A nomination form
- The nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae
- A letter detailing why the nominee should receive the award
- A second letter of support
The Committee strongly recommends providing multiple letters of support.
Nominations may be sent at any time via email or regular post. The official deadline is February 12, 2016. All nominations must be received by this date.