The ALA/SAA/AAM Joint Committee on Libraries, Archives, and Museums (CALM) encourages you to voice your support for the funding agencies that support Libraries, Archives, and Museums!
Here are several actions to take right now to support IMLS from the American Library Association’s (ALA) District Dispatch
- Support IMLS and sign on to the Office of Museum Services Appropriations Letter through American Alliance of Museums (AAM)
- Share your federal funding impact story through the Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Support NEH through the National Humanities Alliance
- Engage with your state Humanities Council
- Support NEA by contacting your senator through Americans for the Arts Action Fund
- Use the American Alliance of Museums (AAM) speak up for museums tools
- Find and contact your congress people
Organization press releases regarding President’s proposed budget and advocacy webpages:
- American Library Association (ALA): press release and advocacy page
- Society of American Archivists (SAA): press release and advocacy page
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM): press release and advocacy page
Don’t forget, Library Legislative Day is May 1-2 and it’s more important than ever! Learn more here.