The Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC) is seeking session proposals for the Spring 2019 meeting to be held April 11-13, 2019 in Morgantown, West Virginia. The deadline for proposals is September 15, 2018.
We are looking for proposals that align with the theme of Working Archives: A Labor of Love
- Working in archives: project descriptions; workflows; systems, etc.
- Workers in archives: recruiting and hiring diverse archivists; wage equality in archives, libraries, museums, and other memory institutions; permanent staff/soft money; MLIS vs. PhD
- Working archives: making collections and services accessible to a broad audience; working class records in academic institutions
- Labor: topics and or/collections dealing with labor, history of labor, unions, etc.
- West Virginia/Appalachia history, literature, art, music, architecture
Use this Google form to submit your proposal for a session.
For further information, please contact Program Co-Chairs: Marie Elia (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Liz Scott (email@example.com) or visit the conference website: https://marac2019morgantown.wordpress.com/