Do you have expertise in a topic that you would like to share with other MARAC members? Please consider proposing a workshop topic for 2023!
The MARAC Education Committee is now accepting proposals for full- and half-day workshops. Proposals are being considered for both conferences and stand-alone workshops; virtual and in-person; entry level and advanced topics. Submission is rolling, but to be considered for the following events, please submit proposals by January 6, 2023.
Submission Form: https://forms.gle/17ehygxfCRqyAkhB8
Virtual Events: Summer Series 2023 (May – August)
In lieu of virtual conference workshops, the Summer Series is a full offering of virtual workshops over the course of the summer. These will be staggered to avoid zoom fatigue and accommodate different schedules. This also gives us an opportunity to break from the half- and full-day schedule. If you want to teach a shorter or longer workshop – this is for you!
In-Person Events: Fall 2023 Meeting — Saratoga Springs (October 18)
Workshop topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Teaching with Primary Sources
- Reparative Description Guidelines
- Cover Letter and Resume writing advice
- People or Project Management
- Special Projects, Working with vendors
- Facilities projects, Renovations, Disaster Preparedness/Clean-up, HVAC management
- General Preservation/Collections Storage Best Practices
- Archival Fundamentals: Acquisition and Appraisal, Ingest and Accessioning, Arrangement and Description, Reference and Access, Copyright and Licensing, Loans and Exhibition, Surveys and Policy Creation
Questions? Please contact MARAC Workshop Coordinators Colleen Bradley-Sanders at C.Bradley-Sanders17@brooklyn.cuny.edu, Elizabeth Wilkinson at email@example.com, or Education Committee Chair Elliot McNally at firstname.lastname@example.org