The MARAC Blog will showcase the diversity of archivists and archival issues and serve as a platform for outreach to MARAC members and the communities we serve. The blog is intended to be engaging, educational, and wide-ranging. All MARAC members are encouraged to participate; they in turn may invite others to participate by making submissions relating to the world of archives.
- The MARAC Blog is managed by the MARAC Communications Committee
- Contributed content does not necessarily represent the views of MARAC or its members.
- Submissions should be emailed to MARAC Communications at email@example.com
- Authors should supply their affiliation(s) and contact information
- Posts should be of modest length. 500 to 600 words maximum and a limit of 3 photographs for illustration
- MARAC reserves the right to decline submissions or comments that are inappropriate, offensive, or inconsistent with the purpose of the blog
- Personal testimonies about challenging reference questions
- Celebrating “archives heroes,” i.e., individuals who have made a difference in promoting archives and preserving collections
- Short informational articles about collections and archival issues
- Archives month events – plans, stories, and activities
- Archives users – stories about those who have been helped by archivists
- National History Day participants and events
- Advocacy issues and news
- Historical information brought to light via archives
- Any topic that is unique, unusual, or interesting to archivists and those in related fields in libraries, museums, academia, government, or historical societies